World renown dancer | choreographer Daniel Ezralow.
L’unica pagina ufficiale di Daniel Ezralow, ballerino | coreografo di fama mondiale.
* Born in LosAngeles, Daniel Ezralow studied dance at UC Berkeley, California and collaborated with 5 x 2 Plus, Paul Taylor, Lar Lubovitch and Pilobolus.
* He is a founder of the famous MOMIX and ISO (I’m so Optimistic), a dance group that joins the remarkable artistic talent an extraordinary technical virtuosity and acrobatics.
* Alongside the ISO, he created choreographies for Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, Batsheva Dance Company Company of Israel, Paris Opera Ballet, Rudolf Nureyev, London Contemporary Dance Company, Maggio Musicale Fiorentino, Manhattan Ballet, Atlanta Ballet, Kibbutz Contemporary Company and la Fête de l ‘ Humanité in Paris among others.
* He created the choreography for “the Flying Dutchman” Wagner at the Los Angeles Opera, Houston Opera and English National Opera.
* For the opening of the International Festival of Dance in Milan in 1995/1996, designed, directed and choreographed “Mandala,” meditative work inspired media-Tantric Buddhism. This led to an extended tour in major Italian theaters, followed by in London at the Peacock Theatre in the season of Sadlers Wells and in South America.
* Choreographed Broadway show, Julie Taymor’s “The Green Bird,” as well as (alongside Vittorio Gassman) adaptation of “Moby Dick” by Melville at the Champs Elysees theatre.
* Choreographer and Co-Director of “Aeros”, unique in its kind (premiered at the Teatro Smeraldo, Milan during the 2004/2005 season), with David Parsons, Moses Pendelton and samples of the Romanian Gymnastics Federation.
* Collaborated in the creation of choreographies of the Hit Musical “LOVE” with the music of the Beatles and Cirque Du Soleil.
* In April 2007, he made his debut in Milan on his new show,
“WHY BE EXTRAORDINARY WHEN YOU CAN BE YOURSELF,” a show of great visual impact and advanced technological scenes.
* In the 2009 season, signature choreography of the new production of the musical “CATS,” music by Andrew Lloyd Webber, directed by Saverio Marconi.
* In 2010, 2011 and 2012, he created the opening choreographies of “Festival della canzone italiana di Sanremo” and performed in brief appearances.
* In 2011, he created the choreography of the Musical “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” directed by Julie Taymor and music by Bono and The Edge.
* Daniel Ezralow received the American Choreographer Innovator’s Award as best choreographer for the TV show special “Aeros” Bravo, also received an EMMY AWARD for the PBS special “Episodes” and an EMMY nomination for the 1998 Academy Awards, as well as awards received at Premio Positano and the Nijinsky Award.
* In the world of pop music; created choreographies to music videos and toured with
Sting, U2, David Bowie, Pat Metheny, Andrea Bocelli, Ricky Martin, Josh Groban and Faith Hill.
* In the world of cinema; took part in the creation of numerous films, including “The Grinch” by Ron Howard, “Stereo Future” by Hiroyuki Nakano, and more recently “Across the Universe” a new movie Musical by Julie Taymor.
* Collaboration in the fashion world, working with designers Issey Miyake, Koji Tatsuno, Roberto Cavalli, and Hugo Boss; his image has been used in several international advertising campaigns.
Celebrities Who Give is on location to talk to celebrities supporting the 9th Annual Los Angeles Italian Film, Fashion & Art Festival. The Pre-Oscar celebration showcases Italy’s most talented filmmakers, artists & philanthropists.
Photo Credit: LA Italian Film, Fashion & Art Festival
Honoree Jamie Lee Curtis, Carlos Alazraqui, Jill Michelle Melean, Melak Akkad talk to host Erin Mooney at the Annual sCare Foundation benefit. The foundation is dedicated to alleviating the hardships of poverty facing today’s youth.
Celebrities Who Give to Education & Leadership Causes:
Causes Related to Education & Leadership: